1) Compliment Her – The first few minutes are crucial on a first date. It’s important to check out your date in a subtle fashion, and take notice of the efforts she has put towards meeting you. Often, Women will go to huge lengths to prepare for their date. Simply stating “You look great!” will absolutely make her day and give her a wonderful first impression of you.
Use these first date tips for men and make her want the second date!
2) Ask Questions – Getting to know someone can be easier than you think. When you are meeting someone for a first time, it’s important to take control of your nerves and put your best foot forward. Asking your date questions about travel, family and activities they are interested in is a great way to break the ice. Remember you are not in a job interview so don’t treat it like one!
How to control first date nerves? Our matchmakers often suggest treating the meeting as if you are reconnecting with an old friend. You will want to learn more about “who they are today”, and your anxieties will naturally subside.
3) Listen – She’s telling you information that you will want to catch so lean in to hear her, maintain eye contact and let her know you are paying attention. First dates can have that awkward silence, however if you are listening, then you can create another question based on information she is touching on.
4) Pick up the check – Making the first move when the bill comes gives your date the impression that you are a gentleman and responsible. If she fights you to contribute you can decline once, but if she insists then agree to split it.
5) Graciously end the date – Thank her for making the time to meet with you and let her know you had a wonderful time. Suggest swapping contact info (if you haven’t already), and let her know you will be in touch relatively soon. If you are into her, then make sure to plan a second date within a week’s time. If you are not interested in seeing her again, then contact her and let her know you are not interested in moving forward.
It’s important to remind yourself that the person you are meeting has made the effort to come and see you. Being kind, open to conversation and giving her your attention is needed for a date. Do not dismiss her, if you learn early on there is no attraction or chemistry. You will learn something about yourself during this meeting so take the opportunity to strengthen your dating skills.