You probably know by now that there is a lot more to great sex and a great sexual relationship than just the best sex moves and techniques. Communication between you and your partner and creating intimacy and affection are two really important parts of sex that have nothing to do with techniques and tricks. But there is another thing you need to be paying attention to in order to have a fantastic sex life. Your health!
Not surprisingly how you take care of your body and how you eat have a direct effect on your sexual life. It’s logical. Really great sex requires a healthy body, good blood flow, stamina and a number of other things. Exercise is one really important way to have a sexually healthy body. Diet is another. Eating healthy is important, but there is more to it than that. There are actually certain foods that can make you have better sex, better erections, last longer and have a stronger libido. Here are some orgasmic foods you need to add into your diet ASAP:
1. Arginine – This is an amino acid found in many foods. It boosts nitric oxide production in the body, which increases blood flow throughout your entire body (and that includes the genitals, of course!). This amino acid is found in whole grains, granola, peanuts, oatmeal, cashews, pecans, coconut, seaweed, seeds, chickpeas, watermelon, lentils, meat, fish, eggs, nuts, and spinach.
RELATED: Lube Up With Coconut Oil
2. Omega-3s – Omega 3s are fatty acids that the human body needs in order to survive, but the body doesn’t produce them. Therefore, they must be ingested through your diet. The sexual benefit of omega 3s is that they make your nervous system function more effectively. They can be found primarily in oily fish such as mackerel, salmon, and sardines. Other sources include walnut, edible seeds, clary sage seed oil, algal oil, flaxseed oil, sacha inchi oil, echium oil, and hemp oil. Taking a fish oil supplement is also an option.
3. Maca Root – Maca is a food that grows in the high Andes of Peru. It is considered a super-food and is used for many things. The sexual benefits include increased sexual desire, hormonal balance, and fertility in both men and women. Other benefits include helping with anemia, improving memory, depression, enhancing energy, and much more. It is said to help with sexuality because it has high levels of minerals, enzymes and all the essential amino acids, which are essential for sexual desire.
4. Serotonin – While serotonin is not a type of food, it’s essential for desire and what you eat can affect your serotonin levels. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that keeps you alert and energized, affects your mood, and helps you to handle stress. Low levels of serotonin are associated with depression. High levels of serotonin can actually decrease your level of desire, so you want healthy, normal levels in order to enjoy the sexual benefits. To get this you should avoid coffee, soy, carbonated drinks, and eat a balanced amount of complex carbs and healthy proteins, like potatoes, lentils, and nuts.
RELATED: 5 Reasons To Have Sex On A Wednesday
5. Dopamine – Again, this is not a type of food, but yet another neurotransmitter that aids in controlling the brain’s reward and pleasure centers. This is an especially delicious change to your diet because eating a square of chocolate every day can release more dopamine into your body. Dopamine is said to help increase desire and improve overall sexual functioning.
6. Catuaba – Catuaba is an herb from Brazil that has been referred to as “Brazilian Viagra.” It is said not to have any side effects. Catuaba is actually bark from a tree whose nickname is the “tree of love.” It should have an aphrodisiac effect within 5 to 21 days of starting to ingest it.
7. Zinc – Zinc is important to sexual health because with it your body won’t produce enough testosterone. Testosterone is important for your sex drive and to prevent impotence. Stay away from smoking and drinking alcohol and coffee in big amounts, which can seriously affect your zinc levels. Foods high in zinc include peas, lentils, oats, red meat, certain seafood, and tuna. You can also take a multi-vitamin is to ensure that you’re getting enough zinc in your diet.
RELATED: A Healthy Body Leads To Better Sex
8. B-Complex Vitamins – There are 11 different kinds of B vitamins. They’re important for your sexual health because they enhance fertility, boost circulation, increase energy, and boost your libido. One option is to take a complete B vitamin to be sure that you’re getting the proper dose of all of the 11 different B vitamins. In your food they can be found in fish, legumes, eggs, brown rice, and other whole grains
By Gabrielle Moore
Gabrielle Moore helps couples around the world improve their sex lives. She communicates daily with her more than 300,000 subscribers. Gabrielle is the author of several best-selling books, such as “The Female Orgasm Revealed“, “Turn Her On Faster“, “Hot Licks“, and many others.