Do you ever wonder how you manage to look so good even though you party your face off five days a week, work two jobs, and eat crap all the time?
Have you convinced yourself that a 3-day Spring detox can reverse the negative effects of little sleep, excessive booze, and non-stop partying?
Try again my friends! Just because your body has been good to you up until now and your liver is one pretty resilient organ, it doesn’t mean that these lifestyle habits won’t eventually catch up to you. While you are young, your body may be able to tolerate your partying, but with age, physiological functions in your body may not operate as well. Unfortunately, a mere 3 days of detoxifying juices, liver cleansing support, and intense sauna treatments is not able to reverse much if you abuse your body throughout the year. The idea is to support your liver year round, following the principles of a healthy lifestyle at least 80% of the time.
The world is more toxic than ever, it’s time for a liver detox.
Since the liver is the major detoxification organ in the body, it’s working for you 24 hours a day. This vital organ processes virtually everything you are exposed to, filtering all that enters your bloodstream. In today’s modern toxic world, those that choose to party like rock stars have their liver working overtime. If you enjoy your booze, stay up late, and stress the hell outta your liver, these 5 tips will benefit you.
5 Tips for Daily Liver Support
1. As much as possible, sneak these foods into your diet – cruciferous vegetables, dark leafy greens, garlic, goji berries, beets, ginger, walnuts, artichokes and avocado.
2. Upon rising every morning, consume this liver loving alkalinizing water – 1 cup of warm filtered water, ¼ sliced lemon, mint leaves, freshly-grated ginger, and a dash of turmeric. Also, before you reach for your Americano, have a cup of detoxifying tea that has the following certified organic ingredients: dandelion root, milk thistle, nettle leaf, and cilantro leaf. These herbs will result in better liver
function, better digestion, and stronger immunity.
3. Consume 35 ml of water per kilogram of body weight daily and ensure fiber intake is 30-35 grams per day. Excellent sources of high quality fiber are chia seeds, flax seeds, and psyllium husk.
4. Adequate protein will not only support a healthier body, it will provide your body with the energy that it needs to cleanse. Choose hemp protein, quinoa, legumes, wild caught fish, nuts/seeds, or organic turkey and chicken.
5. To support a healthy nervous system, help manage stress, and increase energy levels, it’s recommended that you get 7-9 hours of good quality sleep. If you struggle with getting adequate sleep, I advise taking 200mg of L-Theanine in supplement form, which increases GABA levels in the brain. Researchers found that brain GABA levels are 30 per cent lower in insomniacs compared to sound
sleepers. Also add a vitamin B Complex and Ashwagandha, an Ayurvedic adaptogen, to your supplement routine.
Since the world is more toxic than ever, your liver needs daily support. A measly three days of liver cleansing once per year will not reverse the negative effects of excessive alcohol consumption, junk food, increased amounts of stress, and poor sleep habits – AKA the party life. These poor lifestyle habits place a serious burden on the liver and once your liver function slows down, your health is compromised. I can’t say for sure, but my guess is that your health is pretty important to you.
Cheers to a Healthy, Happy Liver!