Don’t worry about your SO this weekend — you have someone very special to treat! This week, Better Dating Ideas Toronto celebrates Mother’s Day with . Treat the most special person in the world with lavish gifts or a day at the spa, but here are some ideas to spend a quality time with her this weekend.
1. Mother’s Day Brunch in a Ballroom
Make mom feel like royalty by treating her to Windsor Arms Hotel’s Mother’s Day Brunch in the iconic Courtyard Café ballroom. Featuring the executive chef’s hot entrées, tempura haddock with lemon caper aioli & baby duck spring rolls, get excited for a chilled seafood bar and specialty strawberry station with strawberry flambé as well as a sampling of the exclusive Lemon-Elderflower cake. Sip on bottomless mimosas and listen to a live pianist in this iconic ballroom in Yorkville’s premiere boutique hotel.
- $85 per person, $55 for children under 12.
- Seating Time(s): 10:30am, 11:00am, 1:00pm, and 1:30pm.
- To book call 416-971-9666 or visit their concierge.
- Give mom some “me time” with Windsor Arm’s luxury spa package ($295) that includes a 45-minute Halotherapy Treatment in The Salt Cave, Spa Manicure and Pedicure with Paraffin treatment and a 55-minute customized facial of her choice. *The Salt Cave Halotherapy helps reduce stress while relaxing in a wall-to-wall Himalayan Salt Cave.
2. Visit an Art Gallery
Does mom like art exhibits? The brand-new HOME: at Berenson Art Gallery showcases 15 years of work from Neil Ever Osborne, a celebrated conservationist artist who has travelled the world capturing images of its last remaining wild-places. But it’s more than just your typical art exhibit! This exhibit will take visitors behind the scenes for an augmented-reality (AR) experience for never-before-seen contents of the images and also a chance to meet the artist himself at the opening reception from 7pm-9pm.
Exhibit runs May 10-31, 2018. Artist appearance on Thursday, May 10, 2018. 7-9PM.
3. Blue Jays Game for Mother’s Day
Some mothers just don’t care for it that much. If she just enjoys spending time with you, take her to a Jays game. She may not know all the rules, but she will still have a blast! The 200 level WestJet Flight Deck will be transformed into an Oasis dedicated to pampering Mom, and the first 20,000 fans to arrive at the ballpark will receive a Kevin Pillar Caped Replica Jersey! Make sure you get there early.
4. Live Theatre With the Family
Does mom love getting the family together? Take your family out to see The Nightingale and Other Short Fables at the Four Seasons Centre. A masterpiece revived by the Canadian Opera Company, the program is designed to please audiences of all ages!
5. Food Tour in Kensington Market
Does she love cooking? Of course she does! Take her on the Kensington Food Tour that will sample different foods from their diverse eateries and introduce her to some new ideas like Mexican Sweets and Tibetan eats. There is enough food for lunch!